Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Are every club in the league going to lie down and let Shels walk away with the title

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Some clubs are just happy being in the Premier league and their ambitions dont have that kind of scope, leave us alone !!

15 39.47%
  • Sure why should Shels win the league, do do great in the Champions League every year ... the country should be proud !!

4 10.53%
  • Who cares about the league, we just want to see full regalia, sure didn't we invent football and leagues and all that kind of thing.

2 5.26%
  • Who cares about the league, our club just wants to fight everyone and anything we see !!

5 13.16%
  • *What kind of filling do you like on your blah ?* Sorry ... what was that .... League .... where .... title .... what .... C'mon lads, kick the shins off him, we wanna see blood, can you repeat the question !!

7 18.42%
  • If we win the league, we promise to raise the already extortionate admission costs from €20 to €80 but you'll get a cup of lukewarm soup !!

5 13.16%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are every club in the league going to lie down and let Shels walk away with the title

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are every club in the league going to lie down and let Shels walk away with the title

as requested by A Face

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Fairly even results so far !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    "Who cares about the league, we just want to see full regalia, sure didn't we invent football and leagues and all that kind of thing. "

2 votes for that one.

I see wws and Dodge have voted then

I saw their grey haired ball boy on the telly there on monday - what a tool

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    i voted for tuna salad filling on my...................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    seem to be an option missing:

"Win the League, us? Well we're just that teensy weensy bit away from those dublin clubs up there in dublin with their fancy racism and players that prefer to live up there and besides this is year two of a ten year programme."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws

"Win the League, us? Well we're just that teensy weensy bit away from those dublin clubs up there in dublin with their fancy racism and players that prefer to live up there and besides this is year two of a ten year programme."
    or maybe:

"Win the league? why, of course. i mean, we have the highest proportion of colourdey boot wearing fancy dans in the league, and we play 5 strikers. Sure, it's only a formality, biy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws

Class. If I'm laughing my ass off at the Corkies then Pats fans must be in hysterics.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We have a Pats fan, a Waterford farmer and a Rovers fan all having a go at City. Ye wouldn't be obsessed would ye lads?
    Champions!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Teensy bit away from those clubs in Dublin

Well there are racists everywhere especially in the Shed End at Turner's Cross. Just ask Jason Sherlock . Roundly abused every time he played there.
    And not just in The Cross either Also in Keeffe Park too at Bogball matches!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Well there are racists everywhere especially in the Shed End at Turner's Cross. Just ask Jason Sherlock . Roundly abused every time he played there.
    just because jaaaaayoo was boo'ed by the shed doesnt mean it was necessarily racist does it??
    i boo'd him cause he's a stupid jackeen idiot (plus a Dublin GAA player)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be fair, he got a lot of stick, as do all high profile players. I do remember some of it being racist.
    I think that sort of thing has stopped in recent years though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    We have a Pats fan, a Waterford farmer and a Rovers fan all having a go at City. Ye wouldn't be obsessed would ye lads?

I don't know what your defenition of obsession, but the thread was started by a city fan, with some obvious referencers to certain clubs. I was just responding. I must be obsessed!

now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to my farm, and do more farming, cos I'm obviously a farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noby
    now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to my farm, and do more farming, cos I'm obviously a farmer
    Hurry, the sheep are getting restless.
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamon
    To be fair, he got a lot of stick, as do all high profile players. I do remember some of it being racist.
    I think that sort of thing has stopped in recent years though.
    yeah there was too much of it altogether, but I think there's been a concerted effort in recent years by both the club and the fans to cut that **** out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

I started the thread just to highlight the fact that all the other teams have a habit of rolling over and dying when it comes to $hél$, gifting them the league ... City were not great either, i mean scoring both their goals will never help, but i am saying that there are other clubs in the division that seem to lack ambition.

Have to agree .... while some of the chants to Sherlock etc. were over the top, not all was racist. Generalising will help either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cityboytilwedie
    eanna i agree with you that all racism should have no place in football.but im not sure has there been "a concerted effort" by the club or fans to stamp it out.i mean in the shed for the last 2 games(alias waaaterford and shels)i noticed comments about our midfielder nwankwo which were a disgrace and nothing was said to the offending supporters.in fairness these supporters are in the minority but they would have been booted out of the ground if it was in england.hopefully this wont continue .

just cos you are not aware of any effort made doesn't mean there wasn't

I know for a fact CCSC made several efforts to stamp it out and worked with the club on this and the stewarding body at the cross have done alot of work on it. Brian Lennox has always made his point clear on abuse whenever it came up.

cityboytilwedie .... not having ago but if you are not involved then it doesnt mean by default nothing is happening. Also .... if you have seen it take place, then you can report and just to let you know ...... the club encourage and plea with fans to report it and make them aware of it. And it is not just racism .... Georgie bashers a while ago got dealt with if you recall.

It might be worth having a look at the programme and look for Safety Regulations etc. and update yourself before you undermine the last few years of work put in by the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Anyway ... this thread was about all the other clubs giving the league to $h€l$ !!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chanting in the Turner's Cross Shed

Well having had to listen to it from the vantage point of the Main Stand and watch my friends who support City squirm with embarrassment at the nature of it , and I thank my witnesses from the Banks of the Lee for corroborating it, I am sure the chanting was racist towards Jayo.

I often wondered did the O hAilpin's ever get any of that sort of treatment in Keeffe Park. I would hope they did not. But you cannot be sure of anything nowadays.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    I often wondered did the O hAilpin's ever get any of that sort of treatment in Keeffe Park. I would hope they did not. But you cannot be sure of anything nowadays.
    Well they don't get much from the fans, but the stuff they have had to put up with on the field is unbelievable.

Anyway, no matter what the thread was started for, I think its a pretty silly one, no club in the league is lying down and dying to anyone.
    Lets see how Wahurfort and $hels enjoy kicking the sh*te out of each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast