Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matches Friday 29th & Saturday 30th September

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    then he might like to not lose home and away to sides from Iceland/Estonia?
    Harsh but true.
    No club can ignore the finances to keep the manager happy. Personally I'm glad to hear the board aren't being reckless.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    An utterly bizarre piece of chat by the Longford Co-comm last night describing the night's game and all other fixtures between the two sides as Treaty's biggest of the season and of their history.

Not sure what that's about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Harsh but true.
    No club can ignore the finances to keep the manager happy. Personally I'm glad to hear the board aren't being reckless.
    If part of the Rovers model is to win the league every year, then you can’t finalise the budget for the next year, until you have won the league. That the league is not wrapped up is probably delaying the ability to offer deals to existing and new players.
    I would also think the massive reduction in euro money in 2023 is also a factor, because it is 20% of what was made in 2022. Plus you don’t know if that minimum €800k will be available for 2024,until you win the league.
    The whole situation does have shades of the end of O’Neill’s tenure at the club.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    It must be concerning for shels fans that their 1st team manager appears to be so out of the loop on future financial plans for his own club,when the dogs on the street know his club have been actively trying to entice a number of Rovers, Pat's & boez player's over to tolka pk for next season,all with decent packages. From Rovers I've heard it was Byrne, Gaffney and O'Neill, from Pat's it was Redmond and one other,and from boez it is Coote and Affolabi. Shels/Hull are paying big wages for Woods & Cabral,and the turkish Simon Cowell seems very ambitious. Maybe he just doesn't view duffer as a viable manager to get them success.
    You've gotta love of a bit of foot.ie fake news
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    If part of the Rovers model is to win the league every year, then you can’t finalise the budget for the next year, until you have won the league. That the league is not wrapped up is probably delaying the ability to offer deals to existing and new players.
    I would also think the massive reduction in euro money in 2023 is also a factor, because it is 20% of what was made in 2022. Plus you don’t know if that minimum €800k will be available for 2024,until you win the league.
    The whole situation does have shades of the end of O’Neill’s tenure at the club.
    Rovers financial plan was the we win the league once every three years and qualify for Europe every second year ( if that’s changed then the membership will be rightly annoyed at the lack of info)

So we had a €1.5m deficit this year ( which in the great scheme of things might be ok) the real question is whether the board (a) wants to reduce the annual budget (b) leave as is and (c) sanction a increase …..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    You've gotta love of a bit of foot.ie fake news
    Sounds like someone is trying to get better deals for said players.

And if there is a gap in Rovers' Finances, maybe get your tickets soon lads?

https://www.finegael.ie/superdraw-2023

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Rovers financial plan was the we win the league once every three years and qualify for Europe every second year ( if that’s changed then the membership will be rightly annoyed at the lack of info)

So we had a €1.5m deficit this year ( which in the great scheme of things might be ok) the real question is whether the board (a) wants to reduce the annual budget (b) leave as is and (c) sanction a increase …..
    What won't help next year is, the UEFA money from this season will 'only' be just over 1m, a group stage would have got 3.1 so its easy accounting figs to see the gap. Pats too will be 'down' 300k or so as will only get 250k as they exited in R1, and Dundalk another who are down on projections, will 'only' get 550k v 750k (we were favs to beat KA of Iceland) Derry will pick up 750k I think.

Rovers probably still in a good place finance wise, but would be well served to look at their wage bill, that must be very high.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    The outlay on the women's team exceeded expected costs, and combined with the failure this season to garner some euro cash means the budget is less than expected.
    It does indeed feel the cycle of sucees is coming to an end,akin to the end of the MON era,and tbh , that doesn't really bother me.
    We've had great success for 5 years and the team needs to be overhauled.
    Nothing lasts forever.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Treaty still in with a shout of the play offs after beating Longford,still looks difficult with their last 2 fixtures…..
    The incident in Kerry seems to have completely derailed Longford,they had won 4 out of 5 before that but have lost 3 in a row since and dropped out of contention…
    Agreed since that awful press release from club in aftermath of Kerry game season has gone from bad to worst. Club dont accept any critcism from the hardcore that they have to ban a certain Longford Town Fan who was brave enough to confront the writer of that piece and for that was banned from last night from all home games!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    The outlay on the women's team exceeded expected costs, and combined with the failure this season to garner some euro cash means the budget is less than expected.
    It does indeed feel the cycle of sucees is coming to an end,akin to the end of the MON era,and tbh , that doesn't really bother me.
    Nothing lasts forever.
    Considering the rate of knots of (semi?) pro contracts and some big signings were made from more established womens' powerbases tbh thats not a surprise. Its seemed a bit old fashioned 'lets build quickly to win the league to help cover the outlay'. Could still work yet and will robably bear fruit in coming seasons.

Bardley was damn blunt in that interview on 'behind the scenes', blasé from a manager that hold the cards that 4 title in a row brings. Eras do end as Dundalk fans have often been reminded here but damn its worth the many many more years of 'why do I bother?!'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Nothing lasts forever.
    I for one will welcome our new overlords, whoever they may be !

One of the fun things about supporting the league here is that teams have a nice run for a few years, then it’s someone else’s turn.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Nothing lasts forever.
    So you’re saying we spent based on ‘expected’ rather than earned income and also went above projected budget for the woman’s team…. I sure hope that isn’t the case and if it is then the board deserve to be seriously held accountable; especially as they turned down €450k for Jack B only a few months back… can’t believe that knowing the state of our finances in June they’d of taken that risk and in effect gambled on us repeating last years (financial) success in Europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post

One of the fun things about supporting the league here is that teams have a nice run for a few years, then it’s someone else’s turn.
    Hoping it stays that way because I think that is becoming less common in sports generally. In a data driven world it's more difficult to overcome weaknesses or to stop somebody driving home their advantage when so many aspects can be identified objectively. Player recruitment always has a bit of the unknown but you recruit a player with far more "knowns" these days. That, money (obviously), the likes of sports psychology and all the other things that are part of modern sport all contribute. Or at least that's my thoughts/fear/worries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bradley's quote is seriously disrespectful and childish too. He's first team manager, you'd expect he'd advocate strongly and passionately for playing budget increases and against decreases. However, to say that "certain people are trying to stop you winning" because they're, presumably, trying to safeguard the club's finances is rotten and irrational.

Not a pop at Rovers btw, more a defence of Rovers. I've been through those times when our club was in serious trouble. So flagging potential finance issues early and reviewing budgets is not someone working against the club or on-field success, it's part of trying to run a club properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Bradley's quote is seriously disrespectful and childish too. He's first team manager, you'd expect he'd advocate strongly and passionately for playing budget increases and against decreases. However, to say that "certain people are trying to stop you winning" because they're, presumably, trying to safeguard the club's finances is rotten and irrational.

Not a pop at Rovers btw, more a defence of Rovers. I've been through those times when our club was in serious trouble. So flagging potential finance issues early and reviewing budgets is not someone working against the club or on-field success, it's part of trying to run a club properly.
    I agree financial prudence is vital…. My potential issue is that if we’re €1.5m in debt ( as against a loss of that much) I’d be seriously concerned… albeit I’m still very concerned if we’re running a projected operating loss of €1.5m for this year…. I also don’t like Bradley publicly making the negative comments about the board ( they may be correct but there’s a time and place….) anyway all will be sorted in a few weeks and we’ll then where we are… I expect that whatever the outcome is we’ll still be very very competitive next year as we chase (hopefully) a five in a row

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Sounds like someone is trying to get better deals for said players.
    Yeah a bit of that playing off on another club will be going on with players/agents for wages and certain managers for budgets as with most seasons but there does seem to be a small amount of genuine idiocy around LOI circles claiming that the €2.3 to €2.4 million going into Shels via Acunmedya is that amount per season and when it's an initial investment for all aspects of the club with a slice of that sum will be going into the first team budget next season likely leaving Shels with the 4th highest budget as Dundalk and Sligo looking like they will be making cuts.

Of course Ilicali with his finances could go all-in at Shels any point and shower the likes of Jack Byrne or whoever with 3k per week offers but it certainly isn't happening right now and any player or manager telling their current club or the media today that Damien Duff has a 60k per week budget or offered them a 3 year 3k per week contract is a lying little scrote
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    I doubt Dundalk's owner would have walked away from a deal that involved the sort of money of a 60k weekly budget, I highly doubt they'd that senstitive to O'Donnel's tactics or Hull loanees. Surely people know that the deal for Shels was very similar to the one offered to Dundalk (considerind UEFA coeff which has its own value) so people kinda know what the package involves. Its not game changing stuff!
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/10/2023 at 6:48 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    As far as I can tell Matt Connor makes a mistake that leads to a goal every week for Bray.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    820 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    As far as I can tell Matt Connor makes a mistake that leads to a goal every week for Bray.
    Yeah he's absolutely woeful, always has been. On the subject of bad keepers, Corey Chambers on Saturday night....yikes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    353 Posts
    Drogheda fans banned from their next away match due to the linesman getting struck on Friday...

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...4gZGpYH-QgN4og
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast