Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Club fined for smoke bombs at Shams game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Club fined for smoke bombs at Shams game

In a strongly worded statement, Sligo Rovers Media Officer has condemned those who were responsible for the Bit O’Red picking up another unnecessary fine.

“Sligo Rovers F.C. have been handed a €500 fine for the actions of a handful of misguided individuals at the F.A.I. cup game against Shamrock Rovers (Smoke bombs discharged and objects thrown on pitch).

“These individuals think they are Sligo Rovers supporters, but not until they stop this stupid behaviour, can they be considered so. All they are doing is costing our club valuable revenue that we badly need. A big thank-you to those real supporters who tried to identify the people responsible - if they could please contact anyone at the club to re-identify these people, it would be greatly appreciated.”
    Some people are just idiots.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    there is people out there that knows these people so please forward their name
    .its not first time this season they have cost the club money they are not fans of the club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    The chairman was told the name of this person directly after the shams game. The club know who it is, they just won't do anything about it, as usual.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    The chairman was told the name of this person directly after the shams game. The club know who it is, they just won't do anything about it, as usual.

What do you suggest should be done with them?
    Ban them from our games and then begin a petition to get them reinstated?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    In fairness, one of them approached us before the match and told us they would be letting off smoke bombs and we might like to move over a little to avoid the smoke.

Didn't recognise 'im, guv, he were wearing a balaclava - or maybe he were just ugly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    What do you suggest should be done with them?
    Ban them from our games and then begin a petition to get them reinstated?
    It's not up to me to decide his punishment, I just don't like the way the club come out with the 'please come forward if you know who did it' line every time something happens.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clubman View Post
    begin a petition to get them reinstated?

why would we do that?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I red the article in the weekender and I'm outraged! The people traveling to the away games are real supporters!! Asking other fans to grass others up?? In all the games I went to (Feyenoord for years!), I never heard any club complaining about flairs, they even sell posters with a whole red lit stadion on it!!! I didnt even think this was illegal. I never heard any one complaining about stuff been thrown on the pitch either. You have a great fans mentality here, no fighting and no hooliganism!! Instead of apriciating this you talk about a few things been thrown on the pitch. I couldnt believe they really fine a club for that. What do they want ? no away support or everyone sitting down like in the UK and Holland? Only sell tickets to people with ID shown and all that crap?? Lets just enjoy the match and let peolple throw bog rolls if they want to!!! It's only paper!!! They dont even throw it at people!!

By writing aboout this and giving it attention you attract people that want to be writen about in the papers, it made hooliganism big!!! And I think it is nice to see a good display from the supporters, its a shame that the club gets fined for it! That should be the issue we should talk about, for the last time it's harmless (bogroll)
    Last edited by tulip; 01/07/2008 at 6:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Waste of money people were warned enough time , fine does seem a bit ott , how much were shams fined for having a fan arrested and trying to incite a riot after the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    725 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    ...In all the games I went to (Feyenoord for years!), I never heard any club complaining about flairs... I didnt even think this was illegal...
    It's illegal to use flares here unless you're appropriately trained and licensed. It's hardly different from fireworks. Some classes of flares are restricted for use in marine emergencies too, I think. Regardless, it's not the club's fault, and it's not the FAI's fault that these things are illegal, but they get bitched at every other week as some idiot gets his club in trouble.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    It's illegal to use flares here unless you're appropriately trained and licensed. It's hardly different from fireworks. Some classes of flares are restricted for use in marine emergencies too, I think. Regardless, it's not the club's fault, and it's not the FAI's fault that these things are illegal, but they get bitched at every other week as some idiot gets his club in trouble.
    It's not illegal to use them anyone can buy them over the counter without a licence. You can't be arrested for using them they are only banned from stadiums by the FAI and UEFA it not actually against the law to use them (although the cops might throw some other charge at you). Anyway I don't know why UCD supporters feel they have to post in every other clubs forum
    Misfits

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its the supporters who infairness always go to every game and sing their hearts out,but why do they continue to use them, harps, shams, fine after fine.can they not see its not helping the club already up sh1t creek without a fazzel!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    its the supporters who infairness always go to every game and sing their hearts out,but why do they continue to use them, harps, shams, fine after fine.can they not see its not helping the club already up sh1t creek without a fazzel!!
    How much did and do these fans contibute personally to Rovers?

Their financial input alone outstreches the paltry fines that the FAI hand out. The MC should quit the blame game and look upon themselves. We are not up **** creek because of smoke bombs, we are there because of mismanagement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    The MC should quit the blame game and look upon themselves. We are not up **** creek because of smoke bombs, we are there because of mismanagement.
    Have to agree with you on the blame game thing. After all this is coming from the same member of the MC who encroached onto the pitch in Galway a while back. That is showing the young fans a good example.
    We saw McClout run the length of Finn Park, again when it had nothing to do with him. That was the business of Finn Harps officials.
    Kettle-pot-black comes to mind when I read the MC’s statement.

But, having said that. If fans continue to let off smoke bombs and bog rolls, the club will continue to get fined. So when you pay your €15 or whatever you pay to get in to next Saturdays match, how do you feel knowing that that money is not going to the club you love. Instead, it is going into the FAI’s expenses coffers. So they can enjoy their prawn cocktails sandwiches at their next junket abroad.

The club is not in the position it now finds itself because of FAI fines, but it's obvious it's not helping the club either.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What control does Sligo Rovers FC have over people in the away section of away grounds. What stops me going to any game with a few lads and lighting a flare. Maybe I'm a neutral supporter with pyromaniac tendencies. Surely if anyone to blame its the stewards/security for allowing it to happen. Not that Im blaming them as most are just volunteers. The FAI need to cop on. Maybe they need the money to pay for landsdown road.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    How much did and do these fans contibute personally to Rovers?

Their financial input alone outstreches the paltry fines that the FAI hand out. The MC should quit the blame game and look upon themselves. We are not up **** creek because of smoke bombs, we are there because of mismanagement.
    haer haer!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    haer haer!!!!
    tulip - this is a serious football forum - not like boards.ie

please give football opinions only.

i cant understand the mindset of people who are costing the club money throwing these items onto the pitch.
    they are not real supporters as each smoke bomb is costing the club not only their season ticket money but also another persons money.
    there is no point giving out about the mc in this thread.
    this is a supporters problem which has to be paid for by the mc.
    stop doing this ...please.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    tulip - this is a serious football forum - not like boards.ie

please give football opinions only.

i cant understand the mindset of people who are costing the club money throwing these items onto the pitch.
    they are not real supporters as each smoke bomb is costing the club not only their season ticket money but also another persons money.
    there is no point giving out about the mc in this thread.
    this is a supporters problem which has to be paid for by the mc.
    stop doing this ...please.
    The point I was making is that the FAI are fining clubs for harmless fun, there are never (as far as I have seen) things been thrown on the pitch while the match is on. I know this is costing the club money and therefore we should maybe not do it, but who are this people that think its necesery to fine a club for throwing bog roll? Am I do only one really enjoying a good display?? I think it makes a great atmosphere. And the second point I was making is that you have very well behaved supporters who really know what they cant and can do (a few exceptions maybe not). Giving all this attention to a few bogg rolls and smoke bombs (if you can call them that) is insane!!!! There are some power happy idiots who give the club the fine just because they can, I say F~*# them!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    they are not real supporters

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I spoke to the guy and it's a bit different then everybody here says. somebody threw a flair near the guy and his son was in the smoke, so he threw it away on the pitch. The guy is gonna phone the club and is willing to pay the fine himself, I dont think this is really fair and I will chip inn too. And I wasn't even there!! Still think we should get this idiots at FAI to realise that the rovers have no influence on their supporters on away games and therefore shouldnt be fined!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast