Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Westlife top of music charts/Westlife discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    ill second that about Egan i dont know any1 in town that has a good word for him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lionel I still think think you have a totally wrong view of westlife... If they weren't there there would just be another band just the same in their place..

They have a talent and they are making money out of it fair play to them I'd do the exact same as them if I could..
    Yes there is people who are better singers, dancers and musicians than them that cannot get that break in to the industry but that is not westlifes fault they got the chance to make it and they did

As for appearances on TV like it or not they are very popular by people young and old, and they are one of our country's highest selling music artists..

You are just simply a begrudger.. People enjoy their music like it or not ( And no they aren't all 'brainwashed' kids they are adults who are well able to distinguish between what they like and don't like despite the pushy advertising)..

Quote Originally Posted by noby
    *clap clap clap*
    Sorry to hear that but you can get antibiotics to clear it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Tribe
    Go Westlife, go Westlife!
    Basically Eire06, Lionel Ritchie is just jealous of them. I think they're a nice bunch of lads, I appreciate them because they're from Ireland and they are sound lads, no arrogance or look-at-me! They are not setting a bad example to young people unlike some famous 'role models'...
    GT -the thing that just flew right over your head was the point I was making.

I don't know anyone in Westlife, don't want to know anyone in westlife and their individual characters and fortunes in life are a matter of utter indifference to me.

I couldn't care less if they give all their royalties to charity, make cocoa for their mammies at 10pm before toddling off to bed themselves and are sweet as honey to wee babies.

The institution they front, like many other carbon copies with different faces is, in my opinion, irredeemably a bad thing and they way it's celebrated in this country as some wonderful achievment on all our behalves, when it is patently not, is irredeemably worse.

as for no arrogance or look-at-me! -I'll take your word for it.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06
    Lionel I still think think you have a totally wrong view of westlife... If they weren't there there would just be another band just the same in their place..

They have a talent and they are making money out of it fair play to them I'd do the exact same as them if I could..
    Yes there is people who are better singers, dancers and musicians than them that cannot get that break in to the industry but that is not westlifes fault they got the chance to make it and they did

As for appearances on TV like it or not they are very popular by people young and old, and they are one of our country's highest selling music artists..

You are just simply a begrudger.. People enjoy their music like it or not ( And no they aren't all 'brainwashed' kids they are adults who are well able to distinguish between what they like and don't like despite the pushy advertising)..

Sorry to hear that but you can get antibiotics to clear it up

See response to Green Tribe above -I'm bored with this Eire.

I'll just add that I agree with you on your first point that if it wasn't them it'd be someone else. That doesn't make it a good thing.

and for your last point

-begrudger and proud of it! Fcuk 'em -Fcuk 'em right in their ear.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Every so often a song comes along that catches the heart of a nation"
    Normally I couldn't care less what The Westlifes get up, good luck to them, to but I have to say that song is just poison.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
    When troubles come and my heart burdened be
    "Burdened be" eh? Nice. Well I'm sure everyone can relate to having a burdened-be heart whenever troubles come so that's not so bad...

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
    You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas
    What the f-- Aren't mountains commonly measured by their elevation above sea level? In order to be raised up to walk on seas (and I'm not even going to start on the whole Westlife-think-they're-Jesus-they-can-walk-on-water-now thing...) they would have to be lowered from the mountain and deposited in some form of fortified cave below sea-level. In which case, who is this b@stard that's lifting them out of their cosy little hole and putting them out at sea IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORM!?!?

Still, that chorus is catchy. So friggin' catchy they decide to repeat it around SEVENTEEN friggin' times in case we, as a nation, don't understand how much this bullsh!t song has "captured our hearts"!!!
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint
    Normally I couldn't care less what The Westlifes get up, good luck to them, to but I have to say that song is just poison.

"Burdened be" eh? Nice. Well I'm sure everyone can relate to having a burdened-be heart whenever troubles come so that's not so bad...

What the f-- Aren't mountains commonly measured by their elevation above sea level? In order to be raised up to walk on seas (and I'm not even going to start on the whole Westlife-think-they're-Jesus-they-can-walk-on-water-now thing...) they would have to be lowered from the mountain and deposited in some form of fortified cave below sea-level. In which case, who is this b@stard that's lifting them out of their cosy little hole and putting them out at sea IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORM!?!?

Still, that chorus is catchy. So friggin' catchy they decide to repeat it around SEVENTEEN friggin' times in case we, as a nation, don't understand how much this bullsh!t song has "captured our hearts"!!!
    testifah!!!!!!!!!!

My heart is less burdened be for that.

Now in the wise words of George Michael and S Club 7 let us all reach for every "mountain high"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    They have no talent,infact they have no natural talent at all and are making money out of gullible punters and kids who fall for their airbrush cd covers and their fat good looks and btw we have enough dross in this country so don't even think about doing the same as them.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Jerry the Saint,
    when I mentioned earlier that this song has been done by 103 different artists, it seems 102 of them are filed under "Christisn rock" or some such category
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin12
    They have no talent,infact they have no natural talent at all and are making money out of gullible punters and kids who fall for their airbrush cd covers and their fat good looks and btw we have enough dross in this country so don't even think about doing the same as them.
    Thats just not true they can all sing...
    No their not the best in the world but the can hold a note...
    Its just childish you calling them Fat because they're not, they are fitter than the average Irish man

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Know them well do you?.

Kian Egan is one of the most arrogant pr!cks in the music industry at the moment.
    No, but Kian's not my fav, so I don't pay attention to him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think a lot of guys are jealous of boybands, although they slag their music etc and call them fat , you sound like a couple of bitter wee witches. They are jealous of the attention they get from women. And also a guy from your town/area that has done 'well' for himself creates a similar bitterness. It really annoys any guy if Westlife come on the tv and a girl goes "Ohhhh, Westlife, great" It's hilarious...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Its just childish you calling them Fat because they're not, they are fitter than the average Irish man
    Have you got their posters on yer bedroom wall then,you seem very defensive .
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    True, they can all sing...I doubt many of the begruders here don't know the first thing about singing or musical talent but just spout ignorant judgement about the subject from the sidelines....!

As for questioning the lyrics of the song a)Westlife didn't write the song so who are we slagging off here exactly??

b) "mountains...stormy seas" etc it's all metaphoric or maybe you're intelligent enough to see that but just like to take the p!ss anyway!

c) "burden be" etc....it's called song writing, it's an art, think of it like poetry-to-music, son. It's not meant to be a conversation from "the man in the street"

.....just to put an angle of reality to it all!

now, where did i put that copy of Hello??!
    "Inflatable hammers and Leprechaun suits, & a chorus of "Here we go" or Olé, Olé"....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have you got their posters on yer bedroom wall then,you seem very defensive .
    No my Boyfriend made me take them down

Are you intimidated by them you seem very critical?
    Last edited by Eire06; 09/11/2005 at 12:54 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Are you intimidated by them you seem very critical?
    I know how your boyfriend feels,I made my kids take them down aswell,now they thank me for it ,they have moved onto better music and nicer posters ,maybe you should move on aswell.
    MOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know how your boyfriend feels,I made my kids take them down aswell,now they thank me for it ,they have moved onto better music and nicer posters ,maybe you should move on aswell.
    Move on how dare you
    Child abuse! Your poor children should be alowed like any band they want to

I was just complaining about the unfair critisism the get from mainly Irish males..
    I like a lot of different music, Westlife wouldn't be my favorite but I like some of the songs they sing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    very very true Eire06. Shane Mark but the latter prefers men

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    but the latter prefers men
    haha, you miss out there so
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    No, but Kian's not my fav, so I don't pay attention to him
    So ....................you have a favourite then? who is it then? the cuddly one, the broader one, the dumpy one or the ..um... fat lad?

Quote Originally Posted by Eire 06
    Oh dear ...has anyone got a Kleenex?
    This reminds me of a heady day in the summer of 1985 when I brought a similar debate with two 12 year old girls on my road to a crashing conclusion when I announced that "George Michael is nattin' but a steamer!!!". They might've ran home crying and yes, I was forced to apologise, but many years later -the argument was mine.

I think a lot of guys are jealous of boybands, although they slag their music etc and call them fat , you sound like a couple of bitter wee witches. They are jealous of the attention they get from women. And also a guy from your town/area that has done 'well' for himself creates a similar bitterness. It really annoys any guy if Westlife come on the tv and a girl goes "Ohhhh, Westlife, great" It's hilarious...
    You know -if I were to recline on a leather couch with the back of my hand across my forehead in exhibition of how withered by it all I am ...and you were to sit across from me on an armchair, knowingly sucking on a biro, that little piece of straight-out-of-TV-Now pop psychology would have extra zest.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    said the actor to the bishop or is that a Westlife quote
    MOT

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast