Thread: An Eircom League Flag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

An Eircom League Flag?

Following on from the idea of a foot.ie flag for the international games
    http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=36995

I was thinking of one huge flag that consists of all the eircom league crests - this flag could be displayed at European matches involving Eircom league teams and at Ireland games aswell.

Good idea? Maybe the NLSA could get involved and each supporters club of each el team could raise money for it.

Is this possible/ unrealistic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Possible designs - dont mind the colour oR the text - can be changed

Last edited by joema; 01/08/2006 at 2:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Anybody spot the rather obvious mistake (and I'm not talking about Craptown being on it).
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aside from the obvious error, it'll be redundant when the crappy eircom sponsorship ends if it has 'The Eircom League' printed on it.
    www.WalkTheChalk.com - Stats, Opinion & Bluster on Irish Club Football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    They were just initial ideas - dont mind the mistakes - there is loads of them.
    Do ye think its a good idea or unrealistic/ needless?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think it is a great idea. We could stick the EL co-efficient in the center of it! keep changing it as it goes up! Just put the number in and let people figure out what it is.
    This got me thinking about more stuff but to keep on topic i've created another thread with my ramblings. To read more, click here... http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=37465

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Great idea ..... i throw €100 if it is 300 foot X 200 foot. If its any smaller then i'd be reluctant. I'd agree, avoid using eircom ..... how about "Support our own" or something .... maybe best to spell it out to barstoolers though "National League"
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Sorry, but I have to say I think the whole idea is incredibly naff. I much prefer the sight of various different club (Bray, Rovers, Cork and Galway always seem to be the most prominant) flags lined up side by side at the front of the north trerrace, squeezing out all those other terrible Chelsea, MUFC, or 'local pub name' ones.
    Ireland: Discovered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think it's an awesome idea, and I agree with the suggestions by 'A Face', with a slogan similar to what he suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Their was an advertisement on either 2fm or Today fm one day advertising the league. Went something like this "Their are some people who like watching football and their are some people who like watching football on TV" etc. then at the end "Put down the remote" and go out and experience live football, watch the Eircom league or something like that. I thought it was a very good ad to be fair and it was fairly long(in terms of radio ad's) too.

Only thing was, the ad on after it was advertising the English Premiership starting up and whoever had listened to the previous ad would have forgotten all about the Eircom league straight away.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah Think the Ad was something like "Its football It's Live It's the eircom League .....Get into It"
    Should do something like the Guinness "Ask not what your County can do for you" campign. The eL needs a major packaging overhall. someone needs to take the bull by the horns. could the NLSA fundraise and buy some tv time for advertisement? I'm sure if buckets went around all stadiums for a few months they'd make a nice few bob. just look at what the dalymount trust did with the Phoenix Bar.feck it lads no one is going to market this league so maybe we should do it ourselves.in general eircom league fans are renowned for digging deep to help out their clubs. The NLSA is the perfect catalyst to launch something like this. No one will help us if we dont help ourselves.
    Last edited by Block G Raptor; 01/08/2006 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_sfc
    I think it is a great idea. We could stick the EL co-efficient in the center of it! keep changing it as it goes up! Just put the number in and let people figure out what it is.
    This got me thinking about more stuff but to keep on topic i've created another thread with my ramblings. To read more, click here... http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=37465

I can't believe this!

JW - Fact is stranger than Fiction - check this out!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog
    Anybody spot the rather obvious mistake (and I'm not talking about Craptown being on it).
    Yeah, it's got our monstrosity of a new crest on it rather than the proper one.

Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    could the NLSA fundraise and buy some tv time for advertisement
    With respect, that would be a hell of a lot of fundraising! What's one 30-second slot on RTÉ cost - E10,000? E30,000? You've only got 10,000 people max going to games every week!

We can get in touch with the various SCs we have contacts for and bandy the idea about. Obviously anything which improves the match day experience (hate the phrase, but you know what I mean) at home or away games is good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Yeah, it's got our monstrosity of a new crest on it rather than the proper one.

With respect, that would be a hell of a lot of fundraising! What's one 30-second slot on RTÉ cost - E10,000? E30,000? You've only got 10,000 people max going to games every week!

We can get in touch with the various SCs we have contacts for and bandy the idea about. Obviously anything which improves the match day experience (hate the phrase, but you know what I mean) at home or away games is good.
    Jees I knew it was expensive didn't realise how bloody expensive would setanta not do some kind of deal as it would be beneficial to them through the setanta sports cup etc.
    By the way Ive come up with an idea for a poster/flyer with a catchy slogan if anyone can pop it up on a network share I'll email it to them
    the slogan is "Its your team, Its Your League. It's where you belong" accompanied by a pic of some fans with flares etc and a pic of cork with the league trophy superimposed over the top
    Last edited by Block G Raptor; 01/08/2006 at 4:16 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Get eircom to pay for its massive advertising for them.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There's an eircom poster taking up a bus shelter in Bray (well, towards Ballywaltrim - on the 145 and 45A routes), advertising the league. Something along the lines of "Watch it live, not on the box". We need that sort of thing in town.
    God

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    I can't believe this!

JW - Fact is stranger than Fiction - check this out!
    That's right wws, your idea was much better.

I know my ramblings are not up to much and I'm glad to see others managed to post their own ideas.

At least the thread got some people thinking, rather than just criticising.

Whats funny, i guess, is that we all want a better league and more supporters so what do we do? we ridicule each other while we try do that.
    Productive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I presume you follow shelbourne well than create an impressive shelbourne flag

a flag with the co efficient on it or advertising "the league" is just too lame for words tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_sfc
    Whats funny, i guess, is that we all want a better league and more supporters so what do we do? we ridicule each other while we try do that.
    Productive.
    You realise this is an internet forum? Yeah we can discuss making the league better but don't expect everybody to agree with you.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    You realise this is an internet forum? Yeah we can discuss making the league better but don't expect everybody to agree with you.
    What are you talking about? I don't expect anyone to agree with me but the least i would expect is something more constructive than the point and laugh method adopted by wws.
    Sure, you yourself gave a good reason against my argument, then gave your own idea and a good reason why. This is what i expect from people in a forum.
    That kind of thing is far more important and far more productive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast