First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc
    Lads,
    I taught that yestarday meeting went very well and it was well attended. Things was discuss when anyone wanted and people was allowed to speak when they wanted to although there was little. Even foot.ie got a mentioned although not in a nice way i dont know why.

Mayo under 18 cup on this weekend quarter finals on some good games
    First of all clubs don't attend by free will,they would be fined for not turning up
    good reason for well attented meeting and rightly so.

Clubs should always be aloud to speak freely provided they dont offend.

Mr Durkan did mention and congratulated those to part take foot.ie
    so long as you don't speak on down trod the league on any of there poor formances
    dont want to get carried away i could be called all sorts of things

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UL Objection

Facts here please
    1.The heane received a call telling them that X was illegal
    2. Played game & lost
    3. Decided that they were not going down this route as they felt it was decided on the day
    4. I wonder how many teams are actually LEGAL on any given day.?
    and
    5. Nice to see that the Manulla Muinteoir was out there again on Sunday. One Sending Off but no penalties for a change, strange, they mustn't have needed it !!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    With regard to ULAA's legality I can tell you that everything was entirely above board. The individual who called Ballyheane from Limerick last week is unfortunately very disturbed and has made similar phone calls citing spurious claims during all of our cup matches so far this year. One call was even made to the Cherryfiled chairman at half time during our fifth round match. Apologies to Ballyheane if it leaves a bad taste in the mouth but all I can say is that he is not well and has a major grudge against the club. It's embarrassing for us and unfortunately he'll probably do it again in the next round. Best of luck to the Ballyheane boys in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    When is AIB Cup Final due to be played from last year?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When will we know the fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    When is AIB Cup Final due to be played from last year?

It was due to be played at the end of this month but time is running out a the league will kick off in less than 3 weeks. Poor celtic they are a busy Bunch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballina Town
    When will we know the fixtures
    Some of them are out already. your managers will have them. About a months worth i think. Ask nixy or steve quinn. How are them 2 getting on up there anyhow. Will you guys be the dark horses?? Maybe youll need a season or two more. Tell the two boys i said hello!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I will let them know Pixie.All is good.It will take time id say.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There is no league fixtures out yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    First month of fixture wont be out till middle of next week.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Burke Memorial Cup

At final yesterday. Football not as good as semis. Very cold. Partry won 1 - 0 - pretty much against the run of play. They won from one of the few genuine attacks they had. Ballinrobe had some good periods of play. Young Ryan up front looked fast and troubled the Partry defence. Some excellent fast ball from Robe midfield left a very square looking Partry defence scrambling to cover on occassion. Young Burke in goal for Partry had an excellent game and his long kick outs caused Robe some problems. On the whole Ballinrobe B played well and were unlucky to lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinabhuil
    At final yesterday. Football not as good as semis. Very cold. Partry won 1 - 0 - pretty much against the run of play. They won from one of the few genuine attacks they had. Ballinrobe had some good periods of play. Young Ryan up front looked fast and troubled the Partry defence. Some excellent fast ball from Robe midfield left a very square looking Partry defence scrambling to cover on occassion. Young Burke in goal for Partry had an excellent game and his long kick outs caused Robe some problems. On the whole Ballinrobe B played well and were unlucky to lose.
    Wow Ballinrobe A team must surely be favourites to go up to super league this year. Partry Ath. good side and the robe B team should have won. Only time will tell i guess.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

your views on A.G.M.

Have you any views on the Mayo League A.G.M. which was held last week.

1.Were you happy with the meeting

2.Are any more members of clubs going to fill the seats that are vacant on the L.M.C.

3.Were you happy with the out come of the meeting

4 Finances are you happy how the league is spending your money

5. Do you not think that the accountant who is paid by the clubs should be there, rather the same old story he on holidays.

6.Do you not think that more poeple should take up postitions on the League rather give power to a chosen few.

Before you start I am only interested in your veiws.you are the members my views dont count.As I am not a member.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater
    Is this supposedly a thread to instigate a rebellion against the aforementioned organisation? I dont think that other forumites are particularly bothered in what is going on at Mayo League level. We all rather just like to discuss football in a reasonable, plausible manner, not being treated to constant Mayo League bashing. We need to be constructive and not being destructive. Anyone else that can echo these sentiments? Time to move on from these posts.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wow Ballinrobe A team must surely be favourites to go up to super league this year. Partry Ath. good side and the robe B team should have won. Only time will tell i guess.
    I did not say Robe A were poor I just said that Robe B played well. Also this is just the start of the season. It is normal that B teams will always try harder against better opposition. I also did not say that Robe B should have won I said they were unlucky to lose. Also Robe A training going well and are improving.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater

1.Were you happy with the meeting

2.Are any more members of clubs going to fill the seats that are vacant on the L.M.C.

3.Were you happy with the out come of the meeting

4 Finances are you happy how the league is spending your money

5. Do you not think that the accountant who is paid by the clubs should be there, rather the same old story he on holidays.

6.Do you not think that more poeple should take up postitions on the League rather give power to a chosen few.

Before you start I am only interested in your veiws.you are the members my views dont count.As I am not a member.

I hope there is a valid reason for posting the above renovater.If it descends into a flame war, the post (yours) will be removed, along with any replies...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with someone asking members of the Mayo League for their opinions on how the Mayo league AGM went? Surely the whole reason for this thread existing is to provide a platform for interested parties to discuss football in the county. If the AGM is off limits then something is wrong. Asking people about their views on the meeting seems fair enough to me. I understand how Renovator gets on people's nerves here sometimes, but he can't get grief for everything he posts!

Sinabhuil, I think Swinford was saying that the Ballinrobe A team must be good this season if the B team are performing so well. it sounded like a compliment to me rather than anything else. How is Jeremy Dee getting on with the management position?

Anyone have any ideas on how the Premier division will go this year? I wonder will Celtic B have benefited, so to speak, by the new players brought into the A team? Have any dropped down? How do people see the other teams getting on? Will Claremorris be good enough to push for promotion? Have Swinford improved after their season in the Super league? What about Conn, Achill and Killala? Westport B, like Castlebar, are incapable of going up but will still prove stern opposition I think. Glenhest, having finally fallen after a few close calls, will be looking to consolidate their position and wait for what looks like a good crop of young players to emerge before launching a bid to reach the Super league again I feel.
    Last edited by FahyForever; 28/02/2006 at 10:44 AM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever
    Can someone tell me what's wrong with someone asking members of the Mayo League for their opinions on how the Mayo league AGM went? Surely the whole reason for this thread existing is to provide a platform for interested parties to discuss football in the county. If the AGM is off limits then something is wrong. Asking people about their views on the meeting seems fair enough to me. I understand how Renovator gets on people's nerves here sometimes, but he can't get grief for everything he posts!.
    Discussing the AGM is not off limits.Some of the questions posed by renovater are very loaded and are worded in a very critical way as opposed to someone who was just making an enquiry.

I'm all for discussion but frankly its ridiculous the amount of posts that have to taken out of the Mayo thread just to keep it open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man
    Discussing the AGM is not off limits.Some of the questions posed by renovater are very loaded and are worded in a very critical way as opposed to someone who was just making an enquiry.

I'm all for discussion but frankly its ridiculous the amount of posts that have to taken out of the Mayo thread just to keep it open.
    Fair enough I suppose, I didn't realise that was the case. All the same, that particular post is still pretty innocuous, the only reference to anyone in particular is the league accountant who was on holidays apparently. So presumably he's more worried about writing off beach towels on his tax returns than anything Renovator has to say about him. I understand you are concerned about unfounded allegations or libel or whatever, but encouraging debate on these matters seems a positive thing to me, once nobody is personally insulted.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Super league only starts a Sunday week and still no fixtures, hope this is not the sign of things to come for the season. Heard we all got a mention at the AGM, any idea what was said Im sure it was all compliments. It would be nice to get the predictions league up and running again this year.
    P.S Maybe its time to give the Mayo league bashing a rest for a while at least until the season restarts. I am sure plenty of new ammo will be provided in time.

Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast