Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1191

Thread: Mayo Junior Soccer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever
    Fair enough I suppose, I didn't realise that was the case. All the same, that particular post is still pretty innocuous, the only reference to anyone in particular is the league accountant who was on holidays apparently. So presumably he's more worried about writing off beach towels on his tax returns than anything Renovator has to say about him. I understand you are concerned about unfounded allegations or libel or whatever, but encouraging debate on these matters seems a positive thing to me, once nobody is personally insulted.
    Does this get any better during the season. It seems people more want to talk about meetings, registrations and Il Duce than soccer matches. Stick to the football lads - who is playing well? who is not? The league, the same as any voluntary organisation, is ran by people who love sport.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 01/03/2006 at 9:50 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man
    I hope there is a valid reason for posting the above renovater.If it descends into a flame war, the post (yours) will be removed, along with any replies...
    I am only interested in the views of others thought of a meeting it was brought to my attention that some poeple were not all to gether happy.
    My understanding that A.G.M. is a public meeting where poeple are entitled here the views how poeple thought of a meeting. Want to make clear there is nothing
    wrong in asking questions as long as the question was related to the meeting.
    However if you feel that the views are of not to mentioned on this site so be it.
    Want to make clear as I said I would not comment on the issues raised.
    As I not a member surly as a topic other poeple have opinion on the matters whiched I raised and if not then thats find

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    Super league only starts a Sunday week and still no fixtures, hope this is not the sign of things to come for the season. Heard we all got a mention at the AGM, any idea what was said Im sure it was all compliments. It would be nice to get the predictions league up and running again this year.
    P.S Maybe its time to give the Mayo league bashing a rest for a while at least until the season restarts. I am sure plenty of new ammo will be provided in time.
    Don I sure the fixtures will be out on time for Sunday week along as you have the fixture by Next thursday week wont you have plenty of time to organise your team.
    what more important at this time have you got your players registered and sent to Gerry Sweeney. My advice to you is to get your own house in order AND Iam sure every thing will fall into place in fairness to John Durkan he has always got the job done.
    Now i can under stand your concerns but did you ever think that you and other clubs have a responabilty to the league by filling those vacant seats.
    So that the work load on the league Management could be halfed.
    think about it.
    your right lets give them abrake untill someone not happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by renovater
    Don I sure the fixtures will be out on time for Sunday week along as you have the fixture by Next thursday week wont you have plenty of time to organise your team.
    what more important at this time have you got your players registered and sent to Gerry Sweeney. My advice to you is to get your own house in order AND Iam sure every thing will fall into place in fairness to John Durkan he has always got the job done.
    Now i can under stand your concerns but did you ever think that you and other clubs have a responabilty to the league by filling those vacant seats.
    So that the work load on the league Management could be halfed.
    think about it.
    your right lets give them abrake untill someone not happy.
    Spot on!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Did any one see the Mayo News today. I have to say i think Edwin Mcgreals piece on the Mayo League statement was a brilliant bit of journalisim. He fought his corner , made his point very clear and left the reader with no doubt that the media are intitalled to speak the truth. the Mayo News and the Connaught give excellent Soccer coverage but it should intail warts and all. thats the fundamental reson we buy our papers.Well done Edwin son!!! Youre not afraid of no one!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    According to my sources I can tell you that Steve Carolan was at training tonight with the Celtic first team which is is a suprise and its beginning to become a joke now. In regards to the B team I have heard whispers about E.Crean, D.Ainsworth and P. Neary dropping down while D. Kilkelly has signed for the B team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinabhuil
    Does this get any better during the season. It seems people more want to talk about meetings, registrations and Il Duce than soccer matches. Stick to the football lads - who is playing well? who is not? The league, the same as any voluntary organisation, is ran by people who love sport. .
    Gnasher where are you! Need you to handle this reply.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 01/03/2006 at 9:50 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by swift
    According to my sources I can tell you that Steve Carolan was at training tonight with the Celtic first team which is is a suprise and its beginning to become a joke now. In regards to the B team I have heard whispers about E.Crean, D.Ainsworth and P. Neary dropping down while D. Kilkelly has signed for the B team.
    Look I dont want to harp on this but Celtic is becoming a little more than a joke/
    What happens when dikeys leaves ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don
    Gnasher where are you! Need you to handle this reply.

I have been hibernating. There aint much to discuss on the thread these days guys, i'm biding my time to make a big burst for when the league starts.
    I see our champion of free spech renovater has had his wings clipped a few times, no harm at all.

See you on March 10th when it'll all kick off again on foot.ie.

To echo TB's sentiments (which does not happen very often) can we try and keep the thread to football matters, this business with the MAFl is getting really really zzzzzzzzzz........................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by swift
    Who the hell is Steve Carolan. As graig David said "can you fill me in"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thumbs up I agree

Quote Originally Posted by renovater
    Look I dont want to harp on this but Celtic is becoming a little more than a joke/
    What happens when dikeys leaves ?
    What i want to know is why the hell the Board at celtic havent done anything about it already. Talk of Eircom league is just bull. Ive followed the league of ireland fro 12 years now and know its ins and outs. there isnt a hope that celtic could survive in it both on the field and financially. So what the hell are the up to and why wont the committee make a club ruling. SCARED?? MAYBE???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead
    What i want to know is why the hell the Board at celtic havent done anything about it already. Talk of Eircom league is just bull. Ive followed the league of ireland fro 12 years now and know its ins and outs. there isnt a hope that celtic could survive in it both on the field and financially. So what the hell are the up to and why wont the committee make a club ruling. SCARED?? MAYBE???
    Pixie its very hard to understand what is going on.For start if some one from Celtic would come on and give us a feed back as to what there structures are then we would all be enlightened
    Now I could make a wild guess and please dont shoot the messenger
    I have reason to believe that the funding of these players are coming from local business in Castlebar another words they are covering there cost.will say I sponsor a player for €500.00 to help pay is expensesand so on.
    Regards to there board well there one or two people who are in control and much that goes on goes through them.the rest agrees.
    they brought in a manager who wants to win at all cost
    the danger signs are,there is a group of others who are not happy what is going on they dont like the idea of these exports coming in when they one of the best under age structures around.
    they see this as the being and the end of there youths ever playing for Celtic as junior players unless they settle for B or C team status or move to other local clubs.
    In the good sense of football let hope they see the light before it's to late.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead
    Did any one see the Mayo News today. I have to say i think Edwin Mcgreals piece on the Mayo League statement was a brilliant bit of journalisim. He fought his corner , made his point very clear and left the reader with no doubt that the media are intitalled to speak the truth. the Mayo News and the Connaught give excellent Soccer coverage but it should intail warts and all. thats the fundamental reson we buy our papers.Well done Edwin son!!! Youre not afraid of no one!!
    Must say the most postive pieace journalisim Ive read for a while it does give both sides of the argument and it must be noted He dot his I-s and crossed his
    T -s could say the same for the sec.or was it sic

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Foot.ie! Predictions

I see the divisions have been published in the Connacht Telegraph. Now we know who is playing in what division does anyone have opinions on how teams will fare and predictions for the season ahead.
    Interesting to see Urlaur have come back into the fold. I think with a new impetus they should be too strong for division 2. What is the story with Ballina Utd, sad to see any club drop out.
    Will Claremorris continue as they finished last season? Have Ballinrobe enough with their new manager to push for the holy grail of the super league?
    I see Charlestown continuing with their impressive form towards the end of last season and pushing for the Premier division.
    Will Moyvilla finally make it out of division 2? They are a stong team on their day and a progressive club who deserve to step up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by short_frank
    I see the divisions have been published in the Connacht Telegraph. Now we know who is playing in what division does anyone have opinions on how teams will fare and predictions for the season ahead.
    Interesting to see Urlaur have come back into the fold. I think with a new impetus they should be too strong for division 2. What is the story with Ballina Utd, sad to see any club drop out.
    Will Claremorris continue as they finished last season? Have Ballinrobe enough with their new manager to push for the holy grail of the super league?
    I see Charlestown continuing with their impressive form towards the end of last season and pushing for the Premier division.
    Will Moyvilla finally make it out of division 2? They are a stong team on their day and a progressive club who deserve to step up.
    Moy villa deserve to step up. Mayo GAA showed that no body DESERVES anything in sport - you just have to do it. You earn it you dont get it for nothing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by short_frank
    The urlaur quest is a good one but that depends which team Michael Carroll wants.
    Does he want the import team who from time to time let him down or does he want the local players can he comtinue to get the best out of them.
    its all up in the air but one thing is for sure he is in the lower league and that should give him incouragementto bounce back.good luck Urlaur.

Sad to see ballina Utd decide to hang up there boots after 13 years.
    problem is its hard to make an impact with all the ballina teams competing for same players.
    what it will do is make the other Ballina teams stronger.
    And hopefully the officers of B.utd may get involved with other teams

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New Season

Any fixtures out for the new season yet ? When will it start ? anyone play any friendlies today ? Does anyone know anything about Mayo soccer out there ?

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I think the Boro are playing Ballyheane, dunno where, suprising there have been no fixtures posted anywhere yet. The Boro played Castlebar Town(aka United) today, 3-1 victory.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fixtures

I heard the fixtures are out any one know what time is the KO in the superleague & premier next sunday? Any Predictions ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    www.soccerbot.com has fixtures

Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast