Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it's too loud you're too old...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If it's too loud you're too old...

Or are you ? Am I, at 40 too old to go and see the Arctic Monkeys ? I've seen a few of there live performances on the telly from festivals last year and have their album and think its fantastic. However, as a 40 year old, I naturally despise teenagers and young people generally. The last outdoor gig I was at was Slane, the year Neil Young was doing his 'Weld' tour with Pearl Jam. There are plenty of gigs I wouldn't feel out of place at, but somehow I feel different about this one.
    "I just came in to buy a stamp"-Padraig Pearse, April 24th 1916

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Feck off old-timer!
    Ah no , I'm 25 and i probably would be at least 5 years older than the average fan (not to mention band member) at it , but **** it why not go , Good music is Good music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    My boss who is in her mid 30's got tickets today as did my 36 yr old brother so go for it. Would go myself if I wasnt so broke!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    At 28 i feel too old for some gigs but i tend to stay at the back where i can see and hear the acts rather than getting squashed up the front now adays

"Sit down your ruining it for everyone " Otto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    At 28 i feel too old for some gigs but i tend to stay at the back where i can see and hear the acts rather than getting squashed up the front now adays
    I'm suffering from Victor Meldrew Syndrome, so even at the back some spotty twát will probably píss me off.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamjar View Post
    I'm suffering from Victor Meldrew Syndrome, so even at the back some spotty twát will probably píss me off.

if they are any good it will be on the telly then sit back in your slippers and a nice cup of tea ...lovely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    if they are any good it will be on the telly then sit back in your slippers and a nice cup of tea ...lovely
    Great, then I'll have my own kids annoying me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm 34 and am going with a group of friends of a similar age. I was kind of thinking the same about the age group but the album is brilliant and I really want to go so there you go. I'm also planning to go to the Saturday set at Oxygen this year (my first time at this festival), again with some friends of a similar age to myself. Should be good craic.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I'm 34 and am going with a group of friends of a similar age. I was kind of thinking the same about the age group but the album is brilliant and I really want to go so there you go. I'm also planning to go to the Saturday set at Oxygen this year (my first time at this festival), again with some friends of a similar age to myself. Should be good craic.
    Oxygen for the day is ok , as its big enough not to get too bothered by the kids yet you ll find even though your in afeckin massive field ****ed up kids will still bang into you and people never stopp moving , you ll be watching a band a gang will walk past you heading for the front wait for 3 songs then walk off some where else you ll spend most of your day moving over and back and getting bumped into .

campsite is a nightmare

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Oxygen for the day is ok......campsite is a nightmare
    Yeah I reckon that one day will be enough for me. Even if I was going for the 2 days there's no way I'd stay on the campsite. I'm too fond of my creature comforts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I've always hated festivals and "big gigs" just for the fact that they're stuffed full of event junkies, Robbie Williams fans and miscellaneous others for whom music in general is just a consumable and who bought their ticket just so they could say they were there.

Got tickets for The Who the other day -Cork rather than Marley park -mainly due to the Cork venue being smaller.

So can I take this opportunity to invite all the Snow Patrol, U2 and Rice fans to stay the fcuk home and don't be annoying me with your general prancing about like a tit. ....or at least go to Marley park. Thanks
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be fine at The Who. A good mix of old plastic Mods, and people waiting for 'that one from CSI Miami'.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noby View Post
    Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be fine at The Who. A good mix of old plastic Mods, and people waiting for 'that one from CSI Miami'.
    75 euro is a bit steep if your just waiting for that one from csi,.. although all 3 songs are by the who so..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    I've always hated festivals and "big gigs" just for the fact that they're stuffed full of event junkies, Robbie Williams fans and miscellaneous others for whom music in general is just a consumable and who bought their ticket just so they could say they were there.

Got tickets for The Who the other day -Cork rather than Marley park -mainly due to the Cork venue being smaller.

So can I take this opportunity to invite all the Snow Patrol, U2 and Rice fans to stay the fcuk home and don't be annoying me with your general prancing about like a tit. ....or at least go to Marley park. Thanks
    Well said Lionel Ritchie... I see you are on tour again good luck with that...
    ALL NIGHT LONG ( All Night) on a related topic when some acts come here and charge more for their concert tickets than would get you their entire back catalogue on either CD or download, I'd prefer their entire back catalogue. At least when you're broke and have nothing else to do you can listen to their music. And for the record I was too old for outdoor gigs when I was 19.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 27/02/2007 at 7:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    75 euro is a bit steep if your just waiting for that one from csi,.. although all 3 songs are by the who so..
    Thank you. I was aware. I was quoting a request I once got...
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    im 28 and used to go to gigs regularly up until a few years ago-last gig i was at was green day in the point. i had standing tics so i waited patiently at the entrance to swop with some teenage goit who wasnt even born when they first started and got seated tickets. quality.
    I

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Or are you ? Am I, at 40 too old to go and see the Arctic Monkeys ? I've seen a few of there live performances on the telly from festivals last year and have their album and think its fantastic. However, as a 40 year old, I naturally despise teenagers and young people generally. The last outdoor gig I was at was Slane, the year Neil Young was doing his 'Weld' tour with Pearl Jam. There are plenty of gigs I wouldn't feel out of place at, but somehow I feel different about this one.
    There was an episode of the Simpsons where Homer faced a similar dilemma. He went to the gig and ended up as the support act. This involved getting cannon balls shot at him from close range.

I'd watch out for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Perhaps you should go to see Bryan Ferry at Vicar Street next week...featuring songs from his new album Dylanesque..that's where I'll be ....last time I was at Slane was 1984 for The Stones so I guess you can figure out my vintage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    There was an episode of the Simpsons where Homer faced a similar dilemma. He went to the gig and ended up as the support act. This involved getting cannon balls shot at him from close range.

I'd watch out for that.
    mmmm your posts are getting curiouser and curiouser....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

I'd watch out for that.
    An absolute classic.

BC (hand outstretched) "Hi there... Billy Corgan Smashing Pumpkins"
    HS "Homer Simpson ...smiling politely"
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast