Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'MURPHY OUT' banner on TV3

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

'MURPHY OUT' banner on TV3

Fair play to the lads responsible! Nice one!

TV3 showed the big 'MURPHY OUT' banner at the end of their highlights last night, and saidd something like ".......and that result leaves the Cork City fans in no doubt of what they think of the situation"

Just hope they had a TV in the bus on the way back!

TIME TO GO LIAM... IF you have any respect for the club?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

Banner looked good on tv. Clear message as well.

IMO a silent protest like that is the best way to go. Easier to protest like that when both winning & losing.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    2 posts on citynet forum are very interesting with regard to this:

Post 1:
    Well done to the fellas with the Murphy Out banner last night. It got a load of mentions in the echo and I think twas on TV3 aswell. One bad thing was that Noelle started taking pictures of these lads after and was giving out to them, I think she warned them not to bring it to a match again. Thats not really Noelles place and she would be better off sticking to selling jersies. I encourage them to make an even bigger one and bring it to every match until Murphy is gone. Everyone should show Murphy that we want him gone next friday. There is a fella on foot.ie who is offering ready-made Murphy Out A4 sheets for the next match, he will hopefully offer them to people on here aswell.
    Post 2:
    While I did not see Noelle with a camera she did start shouting at the lads with the banner that they better not bring "that thing" to the cross next Friday , then she went on to say that she knew the lads who were holding the banner and that she would make sure that they were not allowed into the ground. A couple of points I would like to make :
    1) I don't believe that Noelle can tell people what to put on flags and banners and unless the flag/banner has something very offensive on it - people should be allowed to have their say.
    2) I don't think that Noelle can be at every gate on Friday night or have pictures of the "offenders" circulated as being Public Enemy Number 1 & 2.
    see thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just get longer polls and hold it over the wall that will get a point accross if she trys to stop people going to the cross. blocking people will backfire
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Dricky
    blocking people will backfire
    well blocking people for giving out about one manager, while allowing them to force another out would be pretty poor form. add to that the fact that people have NOT been kicked out for:
    - throwing bottles
    - throwing coins
    - racism
    - fighting
    - chasing referees

and I think that would look very poor on the club´s behalf

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I didn't see Noelles alleged actions on friday, in fact don't thinks saw her at all but banning posteres or even fans from the ground for protesting would be brilliant publicity would it not?

Ensure protests do not become personal or abusive & there will be no excuse for banning fans.

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Ensure protests do not become personal or abusive & there will be no excuse for banning fans.
    exactly. obviously if the banner was offensive, it would be a differnt matter

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i presume she is not going to follow up on her claims of stopping the lads from entering the cross next friday....

but if she does do the stupid thing then there will have to be action. they have no right to stop the real fans for having an opinion.... bitch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    Sorry to trouble you, Mr. Murphy, but we were wondering if you would consider removing yourself from the position of manager of Cork Citty FC? Thank you for considering our request
    Brilliant. Put that on a banner
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Maybe cos they only saw (or didn't) two fans holding the flag up they'd like to think they the only people who want him out?

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna

people have NOT been kicked out for:
    - throwing bottles
    - throwing coins
    - racism
    - fighting
    - chasing referees

yet they want to kick people out for holding up a banner.

sums it all up really doesn't it?

well said Eanna.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah, I mean if they had some kinda "zero tolerance" policy going on where you were only allowed into the cross is you sang "Liam Murphys barmy army" and "city" all the time etc etc, then I could understand this, but there´s no consistency in the clubs behaviour right now.

Also, anyone remember a photo of Moses (not wanting single people out) holding a banner up saying "Mountfield, you are the weakest link goodbye." I don´t recall any action being taken about that. The same rules must apply to everyone

I´m sure I speak for the majority of City fans if I was to say :
    I want to agree with the club, I want to help the club and I want to support the club, but right now I´m feeling alienated. Anyone else think the same?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    No abuse? So who's gonna do up the banner with
    "Sorry to trouble you, Mr. Murphy, but we were wondering if you would consider removing yourself from the position of manager of Cork Citty FC? Thank you for considering our request"
    written on it? There's a lot less work in "Get bent".

There is a certain irony in showing Murphy coutesy, seeing as he never showed it to the fans.
    Exactly. And "Murphy Out" is hardly abusive or anything! And spot on about Murphy never showing courtesy to fans- there´s a number of players who haven´t had much courtesy from him either.

Originally posted by rolo
    i presume she is not going to follow up on her claims of stopping the lads from entering the cross next friday....

but if she does do the stupid thing then there will have to be action. they have no right to stop the real fans for having an opinion.... bitch!
    Dunno what you mean by action, but I´m sure common sense will prevail and what was said in Belfield will not be acted upon. Censorship won´t solve anything, and nor will hassle.

Originally posted by pete
    Maybe cos they only saw (or didn't) two fans holding the flag up they'd like to think they the only people who want him out?
    If thats the case I think someone on these forums offered to print A4 "Murphy Out" sheets and people should take him up on it. But if they really think there´s only 1 or 2 people want rid of Murphy they should pop their heads into the dressing room

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    I´m sure I speak for the majority of City fans if I was to say :
    I want to agree with the club, I want to help the club and I want to support the club, but right now I´m feeling alienated. Anyone else think the same?
    Spot on. It's the lowest in my 14 years of going to games. It might not be a popular thing to say but Noelle would want to concentrate on doing her job (there's a marketing seminar on Wednesday) and keep her nose out of things that have nothing to do with her. Despite what she might think IT's NOT HER CLUB!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Despite the great work Brian Lennox has done since taking charge, we still have a group of old chool cronies holding us back: Murphy, Patsy, Daly and I'm sorry, but Noelle hasn't got the professioanlism required to do the job.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Casegrande
    Despite the great work Brian Lennox has done since taking charge, we still have a group of old chool cronies holding us back: Murphy, Patsy, Daly and I'm sorry, but Noelle hasn't got the professioanlism required to do the job.
    I think a number of posters on this site have repeatedly stressed the importance of a break with the past for the good of the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    maybe what we really need is a break from all the old supporters and fans... the ones that 'know nothing about the game'...

maybe the media should be stopped from attending the games, and making up stories about fans not being happy with the manager, cause really deep down all city fans love the fact that liam murphy is in charge

maybe the media should also stop making and holding up flags , and chanting murphy out at matches, cause they are doing it only to sell papers ..

so what have we got
    ban the fans
    ban the media

OR ..

maybe listen to the fans, and try and sort out the probs within the club.. starting with the mis-managment we have had to put up with all season

but what would i know... i'm actually a hybrid version of all those media people out to sell papers and make up nonsense about Liam...
    bless you
    life is random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    oh .. and i have a feeling that those other people here.. like eanna, and colm and casagrande and GWA, and pete, niamh, troy, and anyone else thats said anything disparaging about the club or liam ever are in fact media people...

i mean lets face it they are all probably the same person..
    life is random

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well actually myself and Niamh are in 'the media', and Colm wants to get into it, so maybe he has a point
    Last edited by Troy.McClure; 25/11/2002 at 3:37 PM.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast