Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seery at it again...

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts

Seery at it again...

Doesnt't he post as The Chairman on the Dublin City guestbook? (Or at least, a post was approved from "The Chairman" with an address of RonanDCFC@eircom.net). Not as bad as his previous rants on his own club's website, but I don't think the likes of "THE BOLIX" and "**** THE BEGRUDGERS" should be on an official website from the chairman. Constantly on about professionalism and all that, but very little of it on display from him. Whatever about Dublin City (don't intend this to become another pro or anti DCFC thread), Seery surely can't be donig much for the image of the league if this is continually his attitude? Would you invest with someone who posts...

Well Hello All. A week on now and time to get the feet back on the ground.But what a week it has been.The coverage by the media and the general reaction by people has been amazing.They said it couldnt be done but we know it has and now its time to move the club on.To everyone for all the support THANK YOU THANK YOU you have been amazing both home and abroad.The buzz in Dalymount and Tolka was brill.This time last year after THE BOLIX and the OLD ROVERS BOARD ripped the heart out of our club ,some said it was fatel.They dont know about THe Viking Spirit. To survive next year it will take lots of investment and I will be appealing to you all in the coming weeks for your support in our up coming ventures.Its time to move this club on now;to where a name like Dublin City should be.Again thanks to all and we will talk again soon. UP THE DUBS. PS.**** THE BEGRUDGERS.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seery lost the plot moons ago. That club and that individual should not be allowed anywhere near the league.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Under the new rules pertaining to websites, approved by the League, I would expected Dublin City to be punished.

Hold on, that would mean the FAI actually following their own rules.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Don't think they've actually criticised the FAI anywhere.

Also, that's an eL rule, not an FAI rule, because the FAI don't have anything to do with the league. The clubs brought in the rules to fine themselves all on their own...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    And its not on the Site its in a MB different I'm afraid!
    Sitting pretty!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra Red
    And its not on the Site its in a MB different I'm afraid!
    No, the rule explicitly included forums/MBs on official sites (reminds me, I must move our forum fromthe official site)

Anyway, DC already put it up to the eL/FAI with their report of the limerick game where they criticised the referee's performance and challenged the eL/FAI to charge them!
    Last edited by monutdfc; 09/12/2005 at 2:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monutdfc
    Anyway, DC already put it up to the eL/FAI with their report of the limerick (I think game) where they criticised the referee's performance and challenged the eL/FAI to charge them!
    It was the second home Limerick game alright. STIGonline - the website of the fanzine - has preserved some of the best rants for posterity. The Seery rants will be going up with the next update, hopefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    NY HOOP WROTE:

That club and that individual should not be allowed anywhere near the league.
    Here we go again with all this shít that DCFC don't deserve a place in the league. What a load of bull.

They deserve to be where they are because they're there on merit.
    Who Cares?!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raheny Red
    Here we go again with all this shít that DCFC don't deserve a place in the league. What a load of bull.

They deserve to be where they are because they're there on merit.
    Hey its got nothing to do with them beating us. I've been saying it since they came into the league. No fans no club. It is as simple as that. Not bull at all. No other league in the world would let a club in that has no fans or future.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    NY HOOP WROTE:

its got nothing to do with them beating us

Where in my post did I mention them beating Rovers?? No matter who they beat in the relegation/promotion play-off they deserve to be there!!

NY HOOP WROTE:

No other league in the world would let a club in that has no fans or future.
    Well one team which does spring to mind would be MK DONS. They have shít attendances. Games are decided on the pitch not off it in the stands by whose got more fans!!
    Who Cares?!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where in my post did I mention them beating Rovers?? No matter who they beat in the relegation/promotion play-off they deserve to be there!!

Well one team which does spring to mind would be MK DONS. They have shít attendances. Games are decided on the pitch not off it in the stands by whose got more fans!!
    You are missing the point. Obviously games are decided on the pitch which is why I mentioned it had nothing to do with them beating us

If you cant see the similarity between CHF and MK Dons.......

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    FCUK! I go asleep for a few mins, wake up, and I've travelled back in time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Well one team which does spring to mind would be MK DONS. They have shít attendances.
    Actually, they don't any more. They have higher attendances now than five Division Two clubs and all bar five Division Three clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    NY HOOP WROTE:

If you cant see the similarity between CHF and MK Dons.......
    Yes, I can see the difference. I was comparing them to each other.

NY HOOP WROTE:

No other league in the world would let a club in that has no fans or future.
    MK Dons are in a league with not many fans for a league that they are in.

So your above statement is incorrect.
    Who Cares?!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, I can see the difference. I was comparing them to each other.

MK Dons are in a league with not many fans for a league that they are in.

So your above statement is incorrect.
    Really? See pineapple stu's post. You brought MK Dons up first.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Here some of the great man's earlier work from last season:

Rovers and out for Vikings as Turncoat Collins completes his dirty work

23rd November '04

TURNCOAT Roddy Collins completed his season's dirty work as an under strength Dublin City fell to Shamrock Rovers in the last game of the eircom League season at Tolka Park yesterday.

Collins walked out on the Vikings three weeks ago to Rovers in an act of unbelievable selfishness at a time when the club still had genuine hopes of survival. Yesterday he put all his Hoops players on trial in a game that rarely rose to temperatures that the fixtures' potential suggested might happen.

City had no Adam Rundle - just the latest (and last) one of Collins signings who refused to turn-up for the a Dublin City fixture. And of course there was no Carlton Palmer, Danny Boxall, Alex Nescovic, Ronnie Henry or Grant Cooper - all hailed by Collins as being the best players in their position in the eircom League when he signed them. Gone like the wind, the lot of them! So much for Collins ability to attract players of the right character - Rovers beware.

Collins, obviously scared that his ample girth was under threat came with a professional minder in tow, and with lapdog Terry Eviston by his side, saw the visitors get the better of City who once again had large rafts of possession but failed to convert their chances.

Rovers went in front somewhat fortuitously in the 10th minute when Paul Malone's off target shot from the left side of the penalty area found Shane Robinson who promptly drilled and angled 14 yard shot past Robbie Horgan in the Drumcondra end goal.

City were level within 10 minutes as Gary O'Neill set up Cottsie O'Connor to break free of the Rovers cover to drill home past Noel Mooney in the Rovers goal.

The winner arrived in the 54th minute when Derek Treacy got across his marker to flick Mark Rutherford's free to the back of the net.

Cottsie O'Connor might have done better on a couple of occasions to set up Gary O'Neill in better positions, but O'Neill when he did get clear on goal in the 76th minute managed to screw his shot wide with only a jittery Mooney to beat.

Turncoat Collins was only too happy to pose for photographs with jubilant Rovers supporters after the match - the same people he had recently promised Dublin City fans, would be treking around the first division next season - but that was of course before he jumped ship on the club that had honoured every agreement with him and his players.

Rovers chairman Tony Maguire attempted to write off the recent events by engaging City Chief Executive Ronan Seery in a halftime `pow wow' discussion and indicated that it was `all over and behind us as' far as he and his club were concerned. Sadly Maguire has a short memory or fails to appreciate the enormity of the damage his actions has inflicted on a fellow eircom League club.

The cheek of the lowlife cur! His apparent lack of intellect and moral rectitude would have him somehow believe that everything was rosy in the garden again, but his memory span is so short that he fails to appreciate that his damning actions will in fact be remembered by so many for a long long time to come - by anyone with a bit of common decency running through their body.

In fairness, Rocky, dignified to the last, told him with measured calmness to **** off!

City went down with dignity and Dermot Keely will now look to assemble a squad capable of returning to Premier Division in the coming seasons. An indication of Keely's no nonsense approach was evident with his 11th minute substitution of Peter Hynes. Keely hauled him off for a slipshod performance and the players' injudicious decision to engage in a verbal touchline exchange only served to confirm that he had played his last game for the club.

Collins, unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately after all, will now turn his wrecking ball tactics to Rovers, and, Rovers will give him free reign.

The fools, the fools have they not learned anything????? City will be back and Rovers have had their illustrious name tarnished in a way that a club with their rich history should never have allowed - but that's what you get when you have people like Tony Maguire at the tiller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Wheres the article where he was swiggin' whiskey at 3.00 in the morning saying "fúck the b@stards, they wont get me down !! " as he was shaking his fist in the the air ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seery
    Its time to move this club on now;to where a name like Dublin City should be.
    Exactly Seery, just a name and that is all he has. A good name but not a football club.
    "The Derry fans were fantastic in both matches. They sang their hearts out all the time and created an even better atmosphere than the Cup Final. They were brilliant. - David Graham, Gretna striker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    Actually, they don't any more. They have higher attendances now than five Division Two clubs and all bar five Division Three clubs.
    Now there's a boast to be proud of - " We're only the 18th worst supported club in our league, and we even manage to beat the attendances of quite a few of the teams in the division below us !!"

Whoppee-do. I look forward to that accolade appearing on Page 1 of their annual report. The investors must be queuing up the M1 from London with their lorry loads of cash to pump into that sporting goldmine...

MK Dons have sh!t attendances. Pointing out that a small number of other clubs at their level have even sh!ttier attendances does not alter that fact.

Due to their geographical location (i.e. easily accessible to a vast swathe of England, and to 17 of the 23 other clubs in their division) Franchise FC get a disproportionate number of away fans at their games - up to as many as 50% of their entire attendance. They also hold the record for the lowest ever attendance in the Championship, from which they were thankfully relegated 2 years ago.

The arch delusionist who bought the Dirty Dons and shunted them 85 miles from their heartland - Pete Winkleman - was predicting that the poor uncatered for football-loving masses of Milton Keynes would flock to his team, if only they were given the chance to play there. Well they were (the team) and they haven't (the supporters). By his own yardstick, therefore, the MK Dons are a poorly supported failure.

They missed relegation into the English 2nd Div by a whisker last year, and it's only a matter of time before that footballing pariah continues its freefall into sporting obscurity. Inshallah.....

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Its time to move this club on now;to where a name like Dublin City should be.
    That "club" will only ever be a name.

Under the new rules he should be brought up for crimes against irish football or whatever the offense called. Official sites cannot openly abuse other clubs or officials.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast